We all know water is good for us and that we need to drink more of it. But this is easier said than done. Home Water Solutions in Loveland and Hayden understand how hard it can be to drink water, especially if it is not from one of our whole-house water filtration systems. It can taste, well, blah. In this blog post, we’ll offer up tips on how you can drink more water. Contact us today for your water treatment installation!
TIPS TO DRINK MORE WATER
- Flavor it up. If you add flavoring to your water (the natural kind, not the kind chock full of sugar) such as lemons, limes, or other fruits you may like, you’ll be more likely to drink more water. Cucumber water is a favorite. Not only will you be able to drink more water, but whichever fruit flavoring you are choosing, you’ll gain the benefits of that fruit as well. You can also buy the juice concentrate for an easy squeeze if you don’t have the time to slice a lemon or a lime.
- Drink before you eat. Usually, at a restaurant, they bring your drinks first. It’s a good idea to drink up before you eat up. Not only will help you replenish your body’s water lost from your long day at work, but it will also help to fill you up, thereby causing you to drink less, which leads to weight loss over time.
- Track your water intake. We’ve all heard of the apps, such as My Fitness Pal, that lets you track your food intake. Why not use an app to track your water intake? Check it regularly to see if you need to drink more.
- Invest in a high-tech water bottle. Better than using an app, you can now buy a water bottle that will track your water for you as you drink, send you notifications to drink more, and customizes how much you need to be drinking.
- Invest in a whole-house water filtration system. Filtered water tastes better, and, yes, water does taste different, depending on where you go. Furthermore, you can rest easy at night knowing your water is clean and pure. Home Water Solutions in Loveland makes the best whole-house water filtration system for your needs.
- Eat foods high in water content. While water is the best source, eating water-rich foods is a great way to get more water intake on a daily basis. Fruits and vegetables have the highest water content, with cucumbers leading the way at a whopping 96 percent, zucchini at 95 percent, watermelon at 92 percent, and grapefruit at 91 percent.
- Drink water along with your alcohol. Alcohol dehydrates you and is one of the reasons you feel hungover after a long night of drinking. If you add in water along with your alcohol, you’ll go a long way in avoiding hangovers and in compensating for your alcohol intake.
- Invest in a marked water bottle. If you’re not into the high tech water bottles, try a marked water bottles. These water bottles are marked with lines and time stamped so you know exactly at what level of water you need to be at for your water consumption during the day.
- Eat foods that make you thirsty. For many people, salty food makes them thirsty, such as chips or nuts. Hot, spicy foods work as well. So next time you want a jalapeno popper, grab your water bottle too!
- Drink tea. Tea without any additives you may put in, such as sugar or milk, itself is an excellent hydrator. It’s basically flavored water with the added benefits of antioxidants, which help protect against free radicals that are harmful to your body.
- Keep water bottles around your house. If you’ve ever had a baby, you know that it helps to keep a burp cloth in every room since your baby will inevitably make use of all of them. This same trick works with water bottles. Put a filled water bottle next to the chair you sit in at night to watch TV, next to the bed, on the kitchen counter, in the garage, and in the bathroom. Odds are if it’s sitting there, you will make use of it, especially at night.
- Drink water at night. Make it a habit to drink water if you wake up in the middle of the night. Going eight hours without water is hard on your body. If you can drink water when you wake, your body will thank you.
- Take water with you when you exercise. You’d be surprised at the number of people who attend exercise classes or go and lift weights with no water bottle. When you are exercising, you are taxing your body, and it is using an insane amount of water to not only fuel your muscles and your lungs, but also to keep you cool through sweating. Take water with you and drink more than you think you need. Try to finish your water off after the workout. This will help prevent muscle soreness as well.
- Use straws. You drink more through straws because when you drink from a cup, you tend to sip (unless you’re chugging a beer, but that’s a different story). You can buy cute, reusable straws or just get a favorite cup that has straws in it.
- Drink water while your coffee is brewing. This is one of Home Water Solutions’, a company that installs whole-house water treatment systems, favorite tips. How many times when you brew coffee do you just stand around and wait for it to be done, especially first thing in the morning? What if you made good use of that time and drank a cup of water before indulging in your favorite cup of joe?
- Set times to drink water. What if every time you did a load of laundry you drank a glass of water? What if every time you walked the dog, you held the baby, you went to the park, you got the mail, you said hi to a co-worker at work, or you played a video game or read a book you drank water?
Home Water Solutions in Loveland and Hayden sincerely hopes you take some of our tips and implement them into your everyday routine.
Don’t let the fact you have to finish a cup of water stop you from trying some of these tips. Just taking a couple of sips instead of drinking the whole cup can change your life considerably. In fact, just using water to replace all the other drinks you consume throughout the day will help you to lose weight. Being hydrated will give you more energy to do the things you love to do, and you’ll feel much better throughout the day. If you’re one who suffers from headaches or migraines, add in water content throughout your day. You may be pleasantly surprised at the results.
Home Water Solutions in Loveland and Hayden is passionate about the quality of your water. We have dedicated our lives to bringing you the best whole-house water treatment systems. Untreated water can be harmful to your health. Bad guys lurk in our water, from bacteria to pesticides, that are bent on doing damage to your body over the long run. Our reverse osmosis system catches almost all of these microscopic bad guys that your local water treatment plant doesn’t. Contact us today for a free water quality test to see if you need a whole-water treatment system!