We’ve mentioned faucet aerators a few times in this blog. Faucet aerators are little fixtures that go on the end of faucets that add air to the water flow. This causes less water to flow are a great way to save money and conserve water usage.
Home Water Solutions is the best water filter system expert, offering the communities of Loveland, Thornton, and Hayden, CO, the best water available with our whole-house water filtration system. When you partner with us, you’ll receive the benefit of having baths and showers that leave your skin soft and smooth, a kitchen with a food prep area free of contaminants, and appliances that are easier to clean without sediment buildup. In this blog post, we’ll review how to clean a faucet aerator. Contact us today to learn more!
STEPS TO CLEAN FAUCET AERATORS
- Remove the aerator from the faucet. You can use a wrench if need be.
- The aerator is made of a few component parts, namely a rubber washer, the aerator, and the aerator housing unit.
- The aerator screen is on the housing unit. Clean this using a small brush and warm water. If need be, you can soak the part in white vinegar to loosen any sediment still remaining. If you notice any mineral or rust build up, loosen this as well.
- Inspect the aerator itself. If the aerator is damaged in any way, it may be time to replace it. You may also have to install a new rubber washer as they can wear out easily.
- Once finished cleaning the aerator and all of its parts, you can put the aerator back together and then reattach to the faucet, using a wrench if necessary.
You’ll need to repeat this process for all of your faucets that have an aerator installed. Keeping your faucet aerators clean will ensure that they are doing their job of conserving water.
HOW HOME WATER SOLUTIONS CAN HELP
Faucet aerators are valuable tools in conserving water and saving you money in the process. Home Water Solutions recommends that you install faucet aerators if not already on your faucet and make sure you maintain them by cleaning them regularly.
Home Water Solutions serves Loveland, Thornton, and Hayden, Idaho, with the best water filtration systems, using reverse osmosis. Reverse osmosis uses tiny membranes to filter out the smallest particles, contaminants, and pollutants to ensure the best tasting water and food and the cleanest clothes and towels imagainable. Plus, the peace of mind that comes from knowing your family is norot ingesting anything that can harm them now or down the road is priceless.
Your body is mostly water, and every cell in your body needs water to survive. If you ingest harmful chemicals and pollutants, those bad guys can build up in your body and cause many health issues. Our water treatment systems ensures your water is safe for as long as you have the system.
If you are interested in a whole-house water filtration system, call Home Water Solutions in the Loveland, Thorton, or Hayden areas today. We offer free water tests so you can find out exactly what is in your water and how concentrated they are. This will help you determine if you want to invest in our water filtration system. Call today for your free water test!