Most of us know that the majority of your body is water. Thus, it makes sense that we need to drink water to replenish our system in order to stay healthy. Yet, a lot of us don’t drink enough. Home Water Solutions, a producer of reverse osmosis systems for your whole house water filter system, is passionate about giving you and your family the best possible water for drinking. In this blog post, we’ll go over some of the wonderful benefits of drinking water. Contact us today!
THE BENEFITS OF DRINKING WATER
- Regulates body temperature. Your body engages in a daily struggle to maintain homeostasis in all body systems, but, in our case, in water levels in the body. When your body temperature rises above homeostasis (98.6 degrees Fahrenheit for humans), your body begins to sweat. Sweat is water that hangs out in the middle layers of your skin for this express purpose. As you sweat, the water on the surface of your skin evaporates, cooling your body. This is vital to your health, especially when you’re exercising. However, if you are dehydrated, you could be taxing the body when you sweat, which can lead to heat strain or stress during exercise. Often, you’ll get headaches, not feel so good during and immediately after exercise, and also your body will struggle to recover. Drinking water will help alleviate this potential stressor.
- Water is essential to remove waste products. Water removes all of the waste products our body and systems produce in our urine and feces. Home Water Solutions in Loveland and Hayden offers water treatment systems to keep your water safe.
- Water is essential to the digestive process. The digestive system is intimately tied to the process of removing wastes in our bowels.. After all, it’s our stomach and intestines that move our solid waste through our body. If you’re dehydrated, you can experience digestive problems, constipation, heartburn, and even ulcers. Since the digestion of food actually begins in your mouth, drinking water is essential to help prevent dry mouth. It also helps to flush harmful bacteria down that may be clinging to your teeth that could eventually cause cavities.
- Weight loss. First, if you drink water instead of that soda that is chock full of empty calories, you’re body will be more likely to shed weight. Second, often when we think we’re hungry, it’s often our bodies telling us that we’re thirsty instead. Hence, when you feel hungry, try drinking water. That will help with weight loss as well.
- Water allows the circulatory system to function. Blood is 90 percent water. Our blood moves more efficiently through the body when we’re hydrated.
- Water helps your skin. Your skin needs water in order to remain soft and supple. With low water content, your skin can start to sag, leading to premature signs of aging, such as wrinkles, or even skin disorders, such as eczema. Home Water Solutions in Loveland can test your water for free and have a whole-house water treatment system installed that same day.
- Water keeps us moving. Cartilage is 80 percent water. Cartilage is found in-between our joints to prevent our bones from rubbing together. When you are dehydrated, your joints can suffer and be more prone to injuries and joint pain.
- Water promotes organ health. All of our organs have water content. Your eyes for example, need water content to keep them moist and functioning. Your brain needs water in order to think clearer, to focus, and to concentrate. Water also affects your alertness level and your mood. Water keeps our organs safe as well by providing cushioning in the body when we move around.
- Water keeps our kidneys healthy. We are highlighting kidneys because the kidneys are essential to your health. One of the jobs of the kidneys is to filter our blood and remove all the waste products, which we then excrete out in our urine. They remove between one and two quarts of water a day from our bodies, which is vital that we replace. Without the proper functioning of our kidneys, waste products can build up in the body and kill us. Urinary tract infections (UTI’s) are one of the most common types of infections in the human body, which is mostly due to lack of water intake. Kidney stones are caused by dehydration as well. Infections can spread and cause septicemia, or permanent kidney failure.
Ultimately, humans (and all life forms for that matter) need water to survive. We get water from the food we eat, but the best source of water is water itself. While there is no definitive answer on how much water you as an individual need because there are too many variables to take into account (such as exercise, ect), there are guidelines according to the U.S. National Academies of Sciences, Engineering, and Medicine:
- Men need around 125 ounces, or 3.7 liters per day
- Women need 91 ounces, or 2.7 liters per day
HOW HOME WATER SOLUTIONS CAN HELP
Home Water Solutions is a company in Loveland and Hayden that is dedicated to making your water as pure as possible for consumption. We install whole-house water treatment systems to ensure your water is purified of contaminants. While our water is treated at a water treatment facility, this process fails to remove many substances that can harm us, such as bacteria, pesticides, and hormones.
Home Water Solutions uses the cutting-edge technology of reverse osmosis to purify your water so your family stays healthy. Your whole house will benefit, as your clothes will be cleaner, your hot water tank will not have hard mineral deposits build up, and you food will taste better when cooked with the water from our whole-house water treatment system. We offer a free water quality test so you can see what exactly is in your water. This can help determine whether or not you do need a whole-house water filtration system.
Your family deserves to be healthy and happy. With Home Water Solutions’ whole-house water treatment system, you’ll be giving them a gift of pureness. Call us today for your free water quality test!