Home Water Solutions in Loveland and Hayden is passionate about water quality — so much so that we’ve dedicated our lives to bringing you the highest-quality water through our home water filtration systems. Relying on the technology of reverse osmosis, our whole-house water filtration systems will remove almost all of the impurities from your drinking water that was not removed by your public water supply company. This will ensure your health, keep your pipes and plumbing free from corrosive chemicals, and help to eliminate hard water stains. In this continuing blog series on the importance of conserving water, we’ll go over some very easy tips for you to implement throughout your household. Contact us today for a free water quality test!
5 TIPS TO CONSERVE WATER
- Replace your toilets with high-efficiency toilets. High-efficiency toilets use less water to flush than regular toilets. Instead, they rely on water velocity to whisk away waste. However, in lieu of replacing your toilets, you can place a brick or something heavy in your toilet water tank to displace water, which will trick your toilet into not filling it as much.
- Laundry load sizes exist for a reason. With smart appliances, your washing machine can be told what to do. When you wash a small load, for example, make sure you change the settings on your washing machine to tell it so. That way, your washing machine will use less water for that load.
- Research washing machines. Just like not all Oreo cookies are created the same, not all washing machines are created the same either. Look for energy-efficient washing machines that use less water. Furthermore, front-load washers in general use less water than top-loading washers, so make sure you do your research before you buy.
- Water your lawn wisely. When you water your lawn early in the morning or late at night, less water will evaporate from your ground, enabling you to have to water less for a green lawn. When you water in the heat of the day when the sun is its strongest, you lose a ton of water to evaporation, causing you to have to water more frequently to achieve the same effect.
- Consider a low-flow showerhead. Intuitively, the longer you take a shower, the more water you use. However, just like not all washing machines are created equal, neither are all shower heads. Low-flow showerheads are equipped with flow restrictors so you can choose to have less water stream through.
HOW HOME WATER SOLUTIONS IN LOVELAND AND HAYDEN MAKES A DIFFERENCE
Home Water Solutions in Loveland and Hayden believes in conserving water through our everyday activities. Collectively, if we all implemented such little procedures in our homes and businesses, we’d save millions of gallons of water per year.
The list of chemicals that lurk in our water can be overwhelming. The fact of the matter is that public water supply companies do not have the capacity to filter water to such minute details. However, when you are drinking water that may still have traces of heavy metal, organic materials, and bacteria and viruses, you are putting you and your family at risk. These substances can build up in the body and lead to health problems down the line.
Whole-house water filtration systems not only improves the quality of your drinking water, but it also improves the quality of the water you cook with, the water you brew coffee with, and the water you wash your clothes in. This will result in less itchy clothes and better tasting coffee. When you partner with Home Water Solutions in Loveland and Hayden, you’ll gain peace of mind knowing your water is clean. Contact us today for a free water test!